Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 3/4

1) Stopping my tendency to swear at random things is a lot harder than I expected.  Funniest part is that halfway through saying something I shouldn't, I realize that I shouldn't, and I try to backtrack, which usually ends in me sounding like I am choking on something.
2) I am complaining less.  I actually do feel better, in general I think, as a result.
3) I drove one of my students and her friend to dinner yesterday, even though I knew I shouldn't have because I was already late leaving to pick up my brother from the airport.  But I did because they were waiting in the cold for a shuttle that I'm sure would have taken an hour to arrive.
3a) Today I drove Tom all the way to my parents' house, only to turn around a drive all the way back for a program on campus that in the end, I didn't even really need to be at.  BUT it meant that sort of by accident I was on campus to go to two other events run by my staff that I would have otherwise missed.  They were happy I came, I was happy I went.  Win win.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that final "burst" was just what I needed- feeling better already :) And I agree- the day always feels better when you've gone out of your way to do something for someone else...people appreciate you a lot more than you realize!