Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 2

I think someone is testing me.  24 hours of pouring rain, a work day that crawled like SLUDGE and getting drenched twice while walking to and from the office and NO ability to moan and groan about it.  Torture.

But apart from that, things aren't going too shabbily.

1) Only swore a few times today and I'm catching myself earlier, it's hard.  Who knew dropping words you never really thought you used all that much would be that difficult?
2) Well since I didn't really complain above I suppose that counts right?  Actually Jackie and I complained briefly to one another tonight over dinner about how much we hate students, and since each of us have elected to complain less during Lent we figured that complaining to each other somehow canceled out any potential negative karma that may or may not be headed our way.  So yes, I'm ahead on this one.
3) I wrote two recommendations today.  Those people I wrote them for might not ever know something nice was done for them, but I can tell you, I absolutely did NOT want to write them this afternoon.  So yes, I was suffering for the good of someone else.

No comments: