Wednesday, December 22, 2010

and then...there were cookies.

So, last day of work today.  Someone upstairs was smiling at me.  The day before vacation is always the worst. I spent an inordinate amount of time in traffic. Oh goodie. I drove and picked up my bestie and proceeded to spend the afternoon and evening catching up with old friends. There is something about reliving middle and high school moments that just makes all adults regress in age and maturity.

It's awesome.

This trip down memory lane concluded with a brief stop at said local high school where Christine and I wandered the halls AND GOT YELLED AT BY A TEACHER. It's like we never left!! How, at 29, can we still be yelled at? By teachers? FROM HIGH SCHOOL? It's comical.

Tomorrow is "wrap presents day," ick. And make ma'moul day, yay! First recipe I am attempting to make from my trusty ME cookbook. There will be a load of watching the master (read: my father) make his version. I came home and saw the beginnings out on the kitchen counter. Moulds, fillings, oils, nuts. I can see hours of pressing and banging of wooden mallets in my future. And yes, I promise to share pictures.

No comments: